01403 871 652
Plaistow, originally meaning ‘playing place’, is situated roughly in the centre of the Parish. Whilst there is no mention of the settlement in the Domesday Book, there are several mediaeval properties with a total of some thirty (30) listed buildings in the village including Quennels and historic Plaistow Place impressively situated at the highest point of the settlement. The present-day Plaistow Church was dedicated in 1869 and Plaistow School was built in the same year. Nell Ball, a mount on the fringe of the settlement, was used as a beacon in past times. There is a village green, football pitch, pond, village hall, thriving village shop and café, a pre-school and primary school as well as The Sun pub with the Holy Trinity Church located opposite. Originally there were at least three pubs in the village, with just one now remaining.